Shipping cost calculators determine the cost of hauling your heavy equipment.
Getting a quote is the first step in shipping your load. This can mean cold calling a lot of heavy hauling shipping services or posting your load to load boards. Once you have enough quotes you will have an understanding of what the shipping cost estimate should be.
Heavy equipment buyers can post their loads to the best load board in Canada—Trusted Dispatch.
Trusted Dispatch’s shipping cost calculator quickly determines the cost of shipping your load, based on the machine’s specifications and a fair rate for the driver. Learn more about the cost of shipping heavy equipment, here.
Fair driver rates help the company attract quality drivers.
Trusted Dispatch provides low costs to the shipper by attracting drivers who are looking for a load to take on their return trip. Since the driver is on a return trip of a paid delivery, the cost to the driver is decreased, and they generally charge less.
These are the steps to get an instant quote from Trusted Dispatch:
1. Click on Get an Instant Quote.
2. Type in your pick-up location. Hit next.
3. Type in your drop-off location. Hit next.
4. Type in the make and model of your machine.
When complete, the platform populates the weight and all the dimensions. This is the Trusted Dispatch Specs Tool. Other platforms make you input length, width, height and weight. And, for many, that means having to look up the machine’s specifications. Trusted Dispatch, however, does it for you. And you can verify their accuracy before moving to the next step.
If you need to ship multiple loads, just input the dimensions for the single item going on one load, then post duplicate loads when prompted.
When shipping multiple small items on a single load, input the total dimensions of all the items stacked in the desired orientation. You can still use the Spec tool to find the dimensions of each item, however you will need to calculate the total weight and dimensions and enter them.
5. Input your email address.
Only on the first time using the platform, is the final option necessary.
Trusted Dispatch’s shipping calculator uses proprietary AI software to instantly calculate your quote, which appears on your screen and is sent to your email. Upon viewing the quote, you can determine whether you wish to publish the load. Publishing the load will alert Trusted Dispatch drivers that a new load is available.
When a driver accepts to haul your load, you are notified by email. Then, you can accept that driver or reject them and wait for another driver.
Trusted Dispatch provides a user-generated driver rating system to help you know which drivers provide the most professional service and whose customer service is lacking. All drivers are licensed and insured.
After you’ve accepted a driver, you must pay for your order. Payment is made online through a secure payment processing portal.
At this point, you are given the driver’s contact information, so you can talk directly with the driver, communicate specific shipping needs and ask questions of the driver. The lack of a middle person contributes to a more expedient and transparent experience.
The process is fair and transparent with no hidden surprises.
Since the order was prepaid, you don’t have to worry about payment. Trusted Dispatch pays the driver after the load has been delivered.
Trusted Dispatch also removes brokers from the system, which eliminates a lot of miscommunication and confusion.
There is no risk to trying Trusted Dispatch. You can get a quote instantly without ever posting the load to a load board or ever talking to someone. This means you have a shipping estimate much more quickly when you use Trusted Dispatch.
When trying to decrease your heavy hauling shipping services, you have several options.
1. Take the machine apart. In some cases, it’s not the weight of the machine that demands a larger or alternate trailer type, it’s the machine’s dimensions. Removing the attachment and boom from an excavator, for example, could mean being able to use a less costly trailer.
2. Find heavy hauling services that don’t have any additional fees. Ask if the quote you receive is the total price you will pay. Some heavy hauling services charge additional fees depending on events encountered on the trip. You want transparency and peace of mind when it comes to total shipping fees. Also verify which currency the quote is. American-based haulers haul in Canada and vice versa.
3. Ship more less often. It’s cheaper to ship more items on a larger trailer once than it is to ship less items on smaller trailers over several trips.4. Be flexible with your delivery dates. A flexible delivery date allows the hauler to schedule the delivery at a time that is advantageous to the trucker. This often results in decreased the cost to the trucker and a fraction of that savings is passed onto the shipper.